Sports Psychology: Basketball
Winning the Mental Game of Basketball
Ways We Help Players and Teams
- We offer personalized coaching services for athletes, their teams, families and coaches.
- We have many self-help programs, CD programs and articles to continue the mental coaching off line.
- We offer Coaching in our offices, by phone, Skype or your training facility.
- We offer coaching, workshops and seminars around the world for teams, clubs and corporations.
Basketball Performance Psychology, creating the ultimate in playing performance and mental toughness using Basketball hypnosis and HNLP.
Michael Jordan said it best, “If you’re trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. I’ve had them; everybody has had them. But obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.”
We assist players to win the mental game of basketball from playground to NBA.
- Realize that your thoughts direct your body’s actions when you shoot and handle the ball. The mind always tells the body what to do with actions like defending the offensive player with the ball. So is your mind helping you win basketball games with more buckets, assists or just making you frustrated?
- Whether you are a little league, college or NBA Pro basketball player, there is always room for improvement on offense and defense on the mental side of a basketball game. Without mental confidence, new basketball shoes won’t make a difference.
- Fear is causing you to choke and miss the basket. The anxiety of not driving the lane causing you to pass the ball off keeps you frustrated preseason to the finals.
- Even a lack of confidence could be covering an underlying fear in your shooting that keeps you from taking the shot. It could be the fear of missing, fear of being humiliated and made fun of, fear of being injured, or just the fear of failing in the game of basketball. (Sports hypnosis).
Got a question? Need advice? Want a self-help program? Take advantage of our free 20 minute consultation program.
Basketball Sports Psychology Assessment
Not sure if you can benefit from Sports Psychology coaching?
Find our now and take this short assessment and have the results emailed to you.
- We have seen players improve free throws accuracy up to 24% after a few sessions. Even our top Professional players have had their best seasons.
- Team Field goals and shooting accuracy jump 10 to 15% and more.
- Contagious confidence to create a winning team.
- Ball stealing defense which shuts down opponents.
As you know, the #1 determining factor in the outcome of games is shooting percentage. It’s not just taking the shots that count, it’s making the shots that win games. Learn the mental secrets to make your play deadly accurate.
Do you suffer from any of these Performance Problems?
- Loss or Lack of Confidence
- Managing Mistakes, Errors and Missed Shots
- Anxiety, Tension, Self-Doubt Before and During a Game
- Fear of Choking at the Line
- Battling with the Shooting Yips
- Becoming Overwhelmed by Pressure
- Trouble “Getting into The Zone and Staying in The Zone”
- Fear of Injury or Recovering from Injury
- Loss of Concentration
- Fear Executing a Particular Play
- Anger Control
- Doubt You Can Win and Losing to Players You Know You Should Beat
- Consistency Problems
- Poor Training Skills
- Loss of Timing/Tempo
- Inconsistency from Practice to Game Day Performance
- Interpersonal Problems with Coaches/Parents/Family
- Overcoming Pressure from the Crowds and Media
- Blocks and Interpersonal Issues with Partners/Teammates
- Slump Busters
Now It’s Your Time To Turn Up Your Performance
Sessions available in office and on the road with Skype.