- Stress in the workplace costs over $300 billion causing accidents, absenteeism, employee turnover, diminished productivity, direct medical, legal, and insurance costs, workers’ compensation awards as well as tort and FELA [Federal Employers’ Liability Act] judgments.
- Human Resource costs increase from stress in the workplace. A 19 percent increase in absenteeism, 40 percent increase in job turnover, 10 percent increase in medical costs of prescription drug plans, and 60 percent increase in workers’ compensation awards are due to stress. “What Stress Costs”
Are you or your employees using any of these strategies either at work or at home to reduce stress and make the work day tolerable?
These coping strategies may temporarily reduce stress, but they cause more damage in the long run:
- Deciding to leave – Employee turnover
- Drinking too much
- Being absent from work – Absenteeism
- Overeating or under eating
- Zoning out for hours in front of the computer (low productivity) or TV at home
- Using pills or drugs to relax
- Withdrawing from co-workers, friends, family, and activities
- Sleeping too much
- Filling up every minute of the day to avoid facing problems
- Taking out your stress on others (lashing out, angry outbursts, physical violence)
- Looking for ways to file workers compensation claims to avoid work
Our effective systems are designed to help you learn and use healthier ways to manage stress.
If your current methods of coping with stress are not contributing to the company’s greater emotional and physical health, it is time to find healthier ones. That is where we come in. There are many healthy ways to manage and cope with stress (individually and corporate wide), but they all require change. We are the change experts. Our behavioral engineering programs can assist by either changing the situation or changing the reaction. Once we have the plan, we help you make it doable.
Keep in mind, that everyone has a unique response to stress, so there is no “one size fits all” solution to managing it. No single method works for everyone or in every situation, so engineering different techniques and strategies creates individual solutions. Theses solutions help employees learn and develop so they focus on what makes you feel calm and in control.
The four A’s to engineer and develop a program of success for you.
Change the situation: Change your reaction
- Avoid the stressor.
- Adapt to the stressor.
- Alter the stressor.
- Accept the stressor.
Stress Relief Programs
- Group Stress Management
- Individual Stress Mgmt
- Group Anxiety Management
- Individual Anxiety Mgmt
- Group Behavioral Engineering
- Ind.Behavioral Engineering
Call us now for your free consultation at 1-877-557-7409 or simply book your appointment online.